[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Aug 20 22:39:42 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 04:13  PM, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> It was 10.1, and it was verrry far from livable on a 233MHz machine.
> *chokes*
> The UNIX-part was nice, but the performance was most terrible.
>
> Good thing someone bought my iMac before I trashed it.

Although Sambo will tell you different... and everyone is different...

Min spec is probably 400Mhz G3 and 256MB RAM.  A G4 with Altivec makes
a huge difference with eye-candy... the 400 G3 can be tricked into
enabling Quartz Extreme now that I have a Radeon Original Mac Edition.
As of the last point upgrade they no longer attempt to disable it each
time. (earlier upgrades shut accel back off and I had to tweak it again)

Sambo likes it just fine on his Wallstreet which is in the 233-292 Mhz
range.

Indeed I liked DP4 just fine (pre 10.0) on my 400 Mhz G3... but I was
very patient and knew its potential and roots (OPENSTEP).

Andrew