[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Aug 20 15:47:56 CDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Robert Novak wrote:
>
> > If you want a quad opteron with 32gb of ram, get that, not a mac.
>
> I'm not a PC person, but I'd have to say that I certainly wouldn't kick
> that machine off the desk.  Wow!

I only know one person who'd kick a quad opteron off his desk. :) Although
last time I looked, I didn't see many MP opterons in desktop form factors.
That's not to say I couldn't put a $2k dual 1u box on a desk and use it as
a desktop...

> > Odd that you'd do that if you've ever run graphics on a non-ultra Sun.
>
> Ow!  The pain!  Take my CG3, PLEASE!

Heh. I seriously can't imagine 10.2 on a 233mhz g3 being any worse than
CDE on a SS5-170.

--Rob
Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com