[rescue] Upgrading Sun SCSI disks

Todd Killingsworth tkilling at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 20 14:46:24 CDT 2003

Hello everyone -

I'm trying to outfit my E3000 with some new disks.  Are there any gotchas to
be aware of?

I've been burned once with trying to use Seagate ST19101N in my SS10, which
wasn't specifically mentioned by Sun.
The drives worked fine on a PC with an Adaptec card, but Solaris would spit
on them every time.

Can I use any single-ended Ultra 1 SCSI disk, or should I stick to the
manufacturers and models mentioned in Sunsolve?
Sunsolve only mentions drives up to 18.2 G specifically for E3000.

Todd Killingsworth

P.S.  If this is a case of RTFM, could someone please direct me to the FM.