[rescue] u2 drive trays

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Tue Aug 19 12:38:31 CDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Paul Weissmann wrote:

> > > nah, i don't think so. it still has endianess problems on sparc64
> > > iirc.
> >
> > Works fine on my big-endian PCI RS/6000 PReP machine.
>
> what kind of prep rs/6000 do you have?

A 43P/133 (7248).

> and btw, are there any drivers for _pci_ nics for rs/6000s running aix?

Yes, but only the IBM NIC's that go for serious bucks.  The FDDI ones are
cheaper.

> again btw, what kind of performance have the mca fddi nics, and up to
> which aix are they supported?

The MCA FDDI NIC's are actually quite good.  They get about 90-95Mbps
under better conditions.  Less on machines with less disk bandwidth or
processor speed.  They're supported in AIX 5L 5.1, which is the last
version of AIX to support MCA.

Peace...  Sridhar