[rescue] u2 drive trays

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 12:10:20 CDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 02:36:11 -0700 (PDT)
Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez <lefa at ucsc.edu> wrote:
> Yes that is correct, in switched ethernet you still get plenty of
> collisions (ergo contention) between nodes, since even though

Er ... no. I've never seen a 100Mbps ethernet switch that doesn't do
full duplex; whilst they probably exist they are pretty rare. And most
100Mbps interface cards are full duplex. If you see collisions on an
system interface, you've almost certainly got a negotiation problem.

Yes I'm nit-picking, but it's worth pointing out in case someone has a
negotiation problem and ignores it because "with Ethernet you get
collisions".