[rescue] u2 drive trays

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Aug 19 07:56:09 CDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 01:32:06AM -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> What is the best way (and alternately what is the cheapest way) to
> link FDDI and 100baseTX efficiently ?

Well, a Lanplex2500 with the proper cards would do the job.  From what
I'm hearing though, going between FDDI and FastE is slower than going
between 10mbit ethernet and FDDI on those things.  Alternatively, there
is Cisco gear that will do it, supposedly cheaply.

However, I plan to just break the network up into segments and use a U1
running ipf to route between the segments.  This is the way the network
is physically setup at my house.  I just have to actually make it work
now.