[rescue] Baffling problem with HP DeskJet 1600CM (paper feed)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 09:40:22 CDT 2003

Hello all,

I have a baffling problme with my HP Deskjet 1600CM (bought to make
nice color prints (like spreadsheets, Gannt Charts, etc.) from Solaris)
- it seems the printer grabbs the first page (a mandatory banner page),
then "chokes" on the first page of the document.

My questions are:

How to absolutely force off the printing of banner pages? (I've turned
them off in admintool, where else should I look?)

Any ideas what causes the *second* jage to jam? The first shoots
through like nobody's business, but the second goes an inch or two,
then stops... If I pull the page out, the second page is printed
fine...

I've ordered a roller "pad" with cleaner to clean the rollers (see
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kkx3.html) - I ordered it from
fixyourownprinter.com when I ordered replacement rollers & clutch for
my HP 4MV 11x17 printer...

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall