[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 07:52:30 CDT 2003

--- Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 01:09:48PM -0400, Kevin wrote:
>
> > The truth about me is a suit.  I wear them often, even
> > when not forced.  Hell, i've done security audits in
> > french cuffs.  If it's not you, so be it, there's
> > nothing wrong with that.
>
> I'm fairly sure I said that earlier.
>
> The problem is when it is *forced* on you.
>
> Would you like it if company policy forced you to wear a tutu?

Uhm, not a good counter example, since a suit is:

a) Gender correct for a man (or to go broad, gender neutral, if you
include dress suits for women)

b) Reasonable in a work environment

A better counter example might be if you were forced to wear a certain
color shirt, or pants, etc... (Although waiters live through this
requirement on a daily basis, i.e. corp. polo shirt & khackis or tuxedo
shirt and black slacks, etc.)

My view of employment is this:

They offer you a job, you choose to accept it - if you don't like what
is offered (working conditions, sartorial expectations, compensation,
technology, coworkers, etc), then don't accept the job. If they change
the job, feel free to leave - if your situation is such that you can;t
leave (economy, job market, other), then learn to accept your place on
the food chain and reassess your positions.

OF COURSE, YMMV...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall