[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri Aug 15 13:24:29 CDT 2003

> > As much as good libraries are -essential- to a well-informed public,
>
>    They are?  People still go to libraries?
>
> > they seem to go out of their way to squash individualism in everything
> > they touch.
>
>    Of course.  They're run by the government, which considers
> individualism a threat.

I don't know what libraries you are familiar with, but most of the ones I've
dealt with weren't like that.  In fact, most libraries and librarians I know
are very much in favor of individualism.  They are also very big on freedom,
and have been protesting the government-imposed filtering and removal of
privacy.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net