[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Aug 14 15:00:34 CDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 02:52:11PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> "From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> "   I think the root of the problem is that people are no longer taught
> "(or don't care to remember) the basics of "right" and "wrong".
>
> it only takes one, or a few.  then the pressure is on for others to
> play down to their level or get out of the game.
>
> i agree though, some emphasis on 'business ethics' etc - so that it
> isn't oxymoronic anymore - would be a Good Thing [tm].

Now, wait.  Back up a step.  Do you want "business ethics", or do you
want "ethics in business"?

As far as I understand, "business ethics" largely amounts to "You can
screw anyone as long as there's money in it, just don't get caught
unless you have some poor unsuspecting bastard already set up to take
the fall for you."