[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Aug 14 13:52:11 CDT 2003

"From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
"
"On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 01:39 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
"> "Sometimes I think no one understands that legal != ethical in all
"> cases.
">
"> lawyers are trained that way on purpose.
">
"> i can see the point, intellectually - how do you get people to agree
"> on what the law is, unless you thrash it out and put it down in black
"> and white?  and the corollary is that people who interpret the law
"> must put their own morals and scruples aside and work only to the code
"> everyone agrees on.
"
"   I think the root of the problem is that people are no longer taught
"(or don't care to remember) the basics of "right" and "wrong".

it only takes one, or a few.  then the pressure is on for others to
play down to their level or get out of the game.

i agree though, some emphasis on 'business ethics' etc - so that it
isn't oxymoronic anymore - would be a Good Thing [tm].