Moving to Geeks - Re: [rescue] OT: unemployment and eating...

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Aug 14 13:17:11 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:53:14PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I was just trying to point out how little rationality there was to what
> the program tends to allocate.  All those nutritional analyses and
> nutritionally-tailored food supplement plans are worthless if it ends up
> giving out coupons for food items nobody on the program uses.  Kinda
> throws out all that careful nutritional planning, y'know.

A study of Virginia school cafeteria rated their nutrional value at
slightly less than fast food, with only a few high points that scored
better. The content of corn syrup and hydrogenated oils was higher than
almost all fast food too.

So much for all that nutrional analysis, eh?

When I was growing up, I knew that was some gross stuff, and always
noted how greasy a lot of it was.

So you see, I was right when I declared the "Thursday Special" was
really ground up horse and fatback...

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com