Moving to Geeks - Re: [rescue] OT: unemployment and eating...

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Aug 13 20:53:14 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 07:27:42PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> *nod* This is a good example of "Eat what you can get."  It's not meant
> for pick and choose.  It's meant for food to live one.  Period.  If
> that means cans of smoked sardines is mustard sauce then you live on
> those.

I was just trying to point out how little rationality there was to what
the program tends to allocate.  All those nutritional analyses and
nutritionally-tailored food supplement plans are worthless if it ends up
giving out coupons for food items nobody on the program uses.  Kinda
throws out all that careful nutritional planning, y'know.