[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Thu Aug 14 11:45:08 CDT 2003

>>> term profits and behavior we will be screwed. Then again I have the
>>> extreme view that MBAs are some sort of evil spawn....
>>

>> Agreed.
>>
> Maybe one way to cure this problem is to obtain  the credentials and use
> them to take apart the system from the inside out.  You can always use
> skills like those for good... it's just not in line with the goals of
> most people obtaining MBAs... I think it'd be really good if a whole
> bunch of geeks got various engineering and sciences degress alongside
> MBAs... slicked their way into positions of power and then
> behaved...SHOCK... morally.

You know, I have been considering going back to school for a Masters...
It was going to be in IT since I have no formal training in this field,
and I thought that might increase my credibility. However, the problems
I seem to have are with incompetent, shortsighted management and
corporate stupidity. Maybe an MBA would be the right ammunition to fight
back. OTOH maybe it'd get me canned as a troublemaker....

Steve