[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Wed Aug 13 22:18:11 CDT 2003

Frank Van Damme [mailto:frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be] on Wednesday,
August 13, 2003 5:35 PM said;

> On Wednesday 13 August 2003 20:41, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > Fortunately, almost no one balks at business casual these days.
> >
> > Something else to consider: if you are uncomfortable in a suit, it
> > shows.  It can have a negative impact on your interview, and can affect
> > how you act and feel in an interview.  It is probably better to be
> > confident and comfortable than to look nice in those situations.

> I would definitely be. Heck, I couldn't imagine myself in a suit. Wearing
> something neat 'n clean (no worn jeans) seems the best to me. Even if the
> chance I end up in a "suit job" is way greater then the chance I end up in
> technical one.

Random thoughts WRT suits and the wearing therof .. or not;

You can always, with a suit, remove this and that and dress down.  You can't
dress up jeans and a golf shirt.

A suit that is well thought out looks just as presentable without the
coat/tie as with.

Best advice I got right out of the military as regards my brand new
'interview suit' ... wear it around for a little while.  Do some errands
wearing it, drive around, hell eat dinner.  Then it _will_ look natural when
you wear it.

Excepting the company I'm at now, where I was told NOT to suit up, I've
always worn my suit to interview.  Since '93 I've worked at maybe eight
companies, and I've never gone more than 6 weeks without a job, IIRC.

~brian