[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Wed Aug 13 11:20:22 CDT 2003

> Several people came in wearing suits with certs worn like badges of
> honor.  I told two of them one day, "Come with me."  They followed me
> like little sheep as I led them back to the front door of our
> office and
> said goodbye.  I played innocent like I thought I was supposed to.
>
> It felt... so evil... so good...
> UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza____________________s h a n n o n at wido !SPAM
> maker.com

	When we used to hire for tech support when I was a supervisor there
we often would get a stack of resumes a couple inches think that had to be
gone through to make three lists. One was the No's and there resumes tossed,
the maybe in case we did not have enough yes people, and the yes people.
Once they were in these stacks the tech support manager would then start
maknig interviews.
	Many nights being teh overnight guy with time on my hands I was left
the stacks to go through. I would read them and spend my time laughing. One
of the rules I quickly came up with was that if the resume said on it
ANYWHERE that they where attending a tech trade school ( ECPI, ITT Tech,
etc) then I immediatly threw the resume away. I didn't even put them in the
no stack because I had such a bad taste from hiring a couple earlier. If it
said "Working on MCSE" it went into the no pile.
	One time a tech, who was barely tolerated, had a friend apply. I
guess he decided that he had enough pull to get the guy hired as a favor. I
looked through the poorly formatted resumet eh guy submitted and was
apalled. The ONLY tech skill he had was reading blueprints. That was it.
This guy listed the POWER TOOLS that he knew how to use on his resume. And I
am not talking about something like power admin, I am talking cordless
drill. Needless to say I looked at the tech and said, no F'in way.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org
http://www.whro.org