[rescue] What is in this?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Aug 13 09:51:02 CDT 2003

Looks like the SCSI Expansion Pedastal.

It can maximally handle two "internal" drive trays, plus the upper
tray (which you can put externally accessible devices in (cdrom, tape, etc).

Looks like the upper trays are designed for two devices, and the internal
drive trays are designed for 4 devices.  (all 5.25 inch devices of course).

If it has both internal trays... it's a pretty nice box.... get some
cheapo Elite 47Gig drives, and you could put 8 of them in there (10
if put two in the top externally accessible slots too) for a max of
470Gig of cheap storage (although not cheap to run !).

Definately a nice thing to have if you have a X/X70 system (as it
matches so nicely :-) ).

see:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/SS600MP/DISKOPT_750.html
http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/800/800-6402/html/TOC.html

-- Curt

>Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:39:15 -0400
>From: "robert_brooke gravitt" <brooke at gravitt.org>
>To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [rescue] What is in this?
>
>It's a Sun MAss Storage 1048, though sunsolve doesn't seem to help any. I
notioced someone aske a similar question a few years back in the archives, but I
couldn't find any followups.