[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Wed Aug 13 00:19:21 CDT 2003

> Great, that's all fine and stuff, but it still dosen't justify suits
> outsourceing helpdesks and similar to india, where they try to follow a
> flow-chart that may or may not be for the correct software product, and
> they probably don't know what 3/4 of the words mean.  There are some
> things you can ship to india, and not worry about, that's fine.  There are
> some things you can't.  CEOs as far as I can tell have no clue which is
> which.

Well if you had bothered to read my post :)... There is no real
justification for shipping a lot of those jobs besides pure greed, and I
do not believe the Indians or Chinese are to blaim. More and more American
CEOs should be held accountable for this. Personally I would pass a law
that if a company shipps N% of their workforce overseas, at least N% of
the executive workforce should also be outsourced too. Sounds simple to
me, if you wanna move American jobs overseas, ALL job descriptions have to
be shipped.... Also if you have to lay off X% of your workfoce by whatever
reason, then the CEO has also take a X% cut of his salary. :)

The problem is that when you have a business culture that has very little
short term memory, and even smaller short term future vision you are bound
to get in trouble. And this is what is happening...