[rescue] What to do with those USB "pen" drives...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Aug 7 20:22:57 CDT 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Al Potter wrote:

> You might as well be, if you steadfastly ignore advances in the art,

Oh, okay.  I'll tender my resignation as a sysadmin and go sell flowers
because I don't keep up with the Linux crowd.

Linux is not the state of the art.  That's as narrow-minded as saying
Windows or Mac OS is the state of the art.

> in this case, in slick system integration,

IRIX and Solaris have had that for ages.

> compressed loopback filesystems,

Can be done under BSD.  In fact, this is how the miniroot installer
works.

> and run from CDrom OSs

Solaris does this.  Mac OS does this.

> that all for persistant storage and configuration, all because the
> kernel is Linux.

Wow!  I never knew Linux was used in Solaris, IRIX, BSD, and MacOS or
that it's possible to boot and run anything than Linux from a CD-ROM.
Do tell!

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford