[rescue] Total corporate madness (

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Aug 7 15:54:35 CDT 2003

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 04:54 PM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

>>> I thought you used GCC on PPC to target PPC.
>>
>>   Huh?  No.  I use GCC on UltraSPARC to target Dragonball, which is
>> 68K.
>
> Yeah, but you use OS X.  Don't you use the vendor supplied compiler
> with
> it (which is GCC)?  It must not be too bad if Apple bases all of their
> stuff on it.

   Uhhhhh, yes, I use OS X, I'm typing on it now.  I don't write
software for every platform I *use*.  This machine is an appliance for
me.  I compile what I need, and I never look at the assembler output
when I'm compiling multi-hundred-thousand-line applications like
gEDA/gschem.

   WOW my boss really pissed me off today.  Does it show?

        -Dave