[rescue] Total corporate madness (

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Aug 6 14:44:27 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 20:53, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Yes, but a well-designed system should be able to have IDE, SCSI, or
> FC-AL ports internally.  One model for each.

Sounds like a needlessly expensive solution. Someone who buys an appliance
needs the cost and performance of ide, OR the cost and performance of scsi,
OR the cost and performance of fc-al.

Oh, and for this sort of appliances, I don't think there's a market for "hot
products" or even for "well-designed systems", only for "so much storage for
so much bucks, and easy, you won't believe it, it gets 9 out of 10 in Linux
Format" :-) .

It IS a nice idea though. I'd love one. Actually, I'd learn to write cgi
scripts just to write a webbased configuration screen for it :-)

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be