[rescue] good spring cleaning

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 6 10:46:05 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 11:46:18AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> An airbrush compressor might fit the bill.  They typically operate at
> around 30psi.  The CFM is rather low too, so they're not likely to
> unseat any components.  Decent ones can be had for about $80.

Time for eBay... :)

Funny story: a friend has a vacuum, one of the old ones that actually
has a blower function...

You can imagine the rest.

Every component coated with a superfine layer of very sticky dust, and
the static charge of 1000 sweaters.

> Failing that, grab an air tank (you can get these at any large hardware
> store) and fill it at your local gas station.  You'll probably get just
> as much air in in a mid-size tank as you would in a typical can of air.
>  Plus, for about $30 you can re-use it indefinitely - and refills will
> only cost 50 cents tops.

Or I could just learn to use my bicycle pump really fast...