[rescue] good spring cleaning

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Mon Aug 4 10:49:54 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:43:11AM -0400, Shannon wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 08:21:05PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
>
> > Air-cans,
>
> I use a lot of compressed air for an individual user, and I'm really
> sick of paying high $$$ for it.
>
> Has anyone figured out a cheaper solution that actually works?
>
> Even a quiet and small compressor with the right tools would be fine,
> but most that I know of are either very noisy or they would blow holes
> in the motherboard.

Yep.

Get a small compressor and an "air pig" (that is what they are called
around here anyways).  An air pig is a can that holds air and looks
sort of like a small propane tank you would use for a gas grill.  Use
the compressor to fill the tank, then us e the tank as your air
source.  If you look around you can find all the parts relatively
cheaply; not sure what the compressor will cost you though.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Lisp hosting       |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/50GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |