[rescue] 48v 15 amp power supply kit?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Aug 6 01:53:17 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 09:06 PM, Daniel de Young wrote:
> Me and a buddy and toying around with the idea of building a rack mount
> AC-to-DC power supply.
>
> We thought if there was enough interest we could throw some kits
> together for other interested gear-heads.  We'd prolly have to see it
> as
> a kit (minimal soldering and assembly), but most of the stuff would be
> pre-fab.
>
> Is this anything that people would be interested in?
>
> What features would you like to see?

   Definitely use a switching regulator.  But you probably already knew
that.

   I'd stick a microcontroller in there to monitor voltage and current,
display them on an LCD, and make them available on a serial port.  This
is nearly trivial to do with modern microcontrollers, and would make
things rather nice.  I could do that part for you if you want.

         -Dave