[rescue] backup software

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Aug 5 08:24:44 CDT 2003

Michael A. Turner wrote:

> Sometime ago, I cannot put my finger on exactly when, it would
> seem that the industry has ditched the idea of educational
> and Non-Profit discount.

   A data point: I believe that there's actually some kind of region-wide .edu
pricing schedule in place for buying Sun stuff, and we get access to it by
having signed up for a tall glass of their Kool-Aid. Of course, we got
*assigned* a VAR (who's our only path to these savings), and ous happens to be
a little, um, listless. Not a lot of hustle required -- or offered -- when
you're the customer's only access to the maufacturer!

> It has been over a year since I have seen a real discount...

   The prices we get aren't bad, though other resellers can beat them. (Of
course, we like buying from Sun, so we just lap it up. :7)
   Hey, have you tried finding a VAR who'd eat part of the price as a
write-off?
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt