[rescue] backup software

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Mon Aug 4 18:52:26 CDT 2003

> 	Funny you should mention that. Sometime ago, I cannot put my finger
> on exactly when, it would seem that the industry has ditched the idea of
> educational and Non-Profit discount. It has been over a year since I have
> seen a real discount for either. I think with the bubble crash all clients
> are now lumped into the arena of "People with money, rape them" instead of
> being separated according to there ability to pay. Pisses me off , but not a
> lot that I can do about it.

Tell me about it, a lot of stuff that we had academic licenses for
magically dissapeared, once the companies went insane in the head. So lets
see we expose future clients to your package, we train them, we do your
bug testing and chasing, and you also want us to pay top dollar for the
privilege?

There are still some good companies out there, but a lot of suppliers went
into panic mode for the past couple of years or so.

Too bad there are no decent EDA tools out there for free :(.