[rescue] Ok, what kind of SCSI connector is this?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Aug 4 17:16:12 CDT 2003

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 05:56 PM, Earl D. Baugh Jr. wrote:
> It's a Western Digital.  It's got a female 34 pin connector (it looks
> somewhat like the small SCSI that's on the back of the SS10, but
> that's a 50 pin connector...) Model wise, I found the following
> (listed as a model #)  MDR125-0043 which of course doesn't show up
> anything google wise.  According to the label it's a 4.36 GB Single
> Ended Ultra Fast Wide SCSI-3 Interface.   It also had
> http://www.mdtglobal.com and www.nikimi.com on the label.  The first
> shows up a company that has "some" hard drive info, though not this
> model that I could find.  I'm thinking that this was some re-badged
> Western Digital Drive (though it is clearly marked as a WD drive...)
>  The 2nd site again, looks like some sort of Var or some such.  Again,
> no real info that I could see...(though I didn't dig thru their sites
> completely...)
>
> Any pointers as to what type of SCSI interface

   Uhhhh...you just typed it above.  It's a single-ended ultra fast wide
SCSI-3 interface.  Sounds like a 68-pin connector, though...did you
notice both rows?

>  and more importantly...where I might be able to find an adapter of
> some sort to make it usable on my SS10 or U2?

   The Ultra2 will be a pain because of the way the bays work, unless
you use an external chassis.  The SS10 will be fine but most of the
speed of the drive will be wasted.  Adapters for these are readily
available, cheaply, on eBay...I bought a couple of them a few weeks ago.

           -Dave