[rescue] Ok, what kind of SCSI connector is this?

Earl D. Baugh Jr. earl at baugh.org
Mon Aug 4 16:56:54 CDT 2003

Ok, I have a few more details on this drive (and still not a lot of info...)

It's a Western Digital.  It's got a female 34 pin connector (it looks
somewhat like the small SCSI that's on the back of the SS10, but that's a
50 pin connector...) Model wise, I found the following (listed as a model
#)  MDR125-0043 which of course doesn't show up anything google
wise.  According to the label it's a 4.36 GB Single Ended Ultra Fast Wide
SCSI-3 Interface.   It also had http://www.mdtglobal.com and www.nikimi.com
on the label.  The first shows up a company that has "some" hard drive
info, though not this model that I could find.  I'm thinking that this was
some re-badged Western Digital Drive (though it is clearly marked as a WD
drive...)    The 2nd site again, looks like some sort of Var or some
such.  Again, no real info that I could see...(though I didn't dig thru
their sites completely...)

Any pointers as to what type of SCSI interface and more importantly...where
I might be able to find an adapter of some sort to make it usable on my
SS10 or U2?

Earl

p.s. is there any other place on the drive (aside from the big white label
on the top) where I might be able to get a clue as to what real WD model
number this is?
(WD didn't have the MDR125-0043 model listed either 8-( )