[rescue] backup software

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Mon Aug 4 15:24:11 CDT 2003

	All,

	Can you guys throw me some names of backup software you use?
Apparently someone has let the backup industry start smoking crack cause
there prices are HIGH. I was mad at veritas for a $20K quote for software
until I just got the quote from bakbone for $35K. This is plain silly. I
only have about 30 windows servers, a solaris server, and a couple linux
servers here. There pricing structure is so out of whack I cannot make heads
or tails of it right this minute.
	So if anyone can point me in the direction of some software to look
at I would apreaciate it. $1K per server is just not gonig to cut it,
especially not for just the software.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org