[rescue] good spring cleaning

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Mon Aug 4 11:01:16 CDT 2003

On 8/4/03 10:46 AM, "Kurt Huhn" <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:
> Failing that, grab an air tank (you can get these at any large hardware
> store) and fill it at your local gas station.  You'll probably get just
> as much air in in a mid-size tank as you would in a typical can of air.
> Plus, for about $30 you can re-use it indefinitely - and refills will
> only cost 50 cents tops.

Typical gas station air is full of water and other contaminants. Take it
from the guy who did service on our compressor at the gas station back in
high school <grin>

Most modelers I know who have compressor driven air brushes still use a
water trap to capture moisture that can come from condensation, etc.

Is there any concern from static generation from high pressure air streams?
IIRC from reading a can of the "computer cleaner" compressed air that it was
treated/de-ionized/something to make it safe for "sensitive electronics".
Could be marketing bull for all I know.  .  .

Steve