[rescue] good spring cleaning

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Aug 4 10:46:18 CDT 2003

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 10:43 AM, Shannon wrote:

> I use a lot of compressed air for an individual user, and I'm really
> sick of paying high $$$ for it.
>
> Has anyone figured out a cheaper solution that actually works?
>
> Even a quiet and small compressor with the right tools would be fine,
> but most that I know of are either very noisy or they would blow holes
> in the motherboard.

An airbrush compressor might fit the bill.  They typically operate at
around 30psi.  The CFM is rather low too, so they're not likely to
unseat any components.  Decent ones can be had for about $80.

Failing that, grab an air tank (you can get these at any large hardware
store) and fill it at your local gas station.  You'll probably get just
as much air in in a mid-size tank as you would in a typical can of air.
  Plus, for about $30 you can re-use it indefinitely - and refills will
only cost 50 cents tops.

--
Kurt				"There are some bad people on the rise.
kurt at k-huhn.com	They're saving their own skins by ruining peoples