[rescue] good spring cleaning

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Aug 4 08:32:50 CDT 2003

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 09:29 PM, Daniel de Young wrote:

> Heck!  I just got all this stuff and already you want to clean me out
> <g>
>
> Should it be denatured alcohol or does it matter?

For isopropyl you really don't have denatured... you have water
content.   Get as high a percent as is cost effective... the 91% will
do... don't use the 70 something because it has too much water.

Denatured refers to ethanol... this only means you can't swig it while
cleaning with it since it contains methanol and/or kereosene to
denature it (making it poison and undrinkable)... so it would be up to
you if you want to use ethanol to clean stuff whether or not you want
to drink it too.

Andrew