[rescue] any tricks for installing/removing ram from sparc10s?

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sun Aug 3 01:50:25 CDT 2003

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 17:29:29 -0500, "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>
said:
> I love my Sony/Ericsson t68i, but:
>
> 1.  I'm with ATT Wireless, and $0.03/K for "internet" access?  uh, no.
> 2.  The phone's interface is slow as pissing tar, but coverage and audio
>     quality is great.
> 3.  Bluetooth is neat, but I dont use it as much as I thought I would.
> 4.  Amy and I both had Nokia 1260s, then I switched to GSM - and so now
>     instead of one bill a month, I get two - the GSM / "MObile Internet"
>     billing is completely separate from the normal (CDMA? TDMA? whatever
>     it is) billing.  They also completely fucked up my online account
>     access/reviewing when I switched one phone number to a GSM phone.

No suggestions for you on that count.  AT&T Customer service is a PITA,
even for us.

> I wish ATTWS would support the Danger HipTop; I'd buy one in a flash.

You might want to rethink that.  I have an SK (T-Mo, obviously).  My
problem
with it is that Danger & T-Mo are pulling a Nintendo.  They are not going
allow 3rd party apps to be released other than *over the air*.  WTF?
Right
now, there's no way to get your data out, once you put it into the
system.
Supposedly they were going to release a syncing system for Outlook in
Q1 '03, as you can see, that's kind of past.

They were 2 weeks late on delivery of the SDK.  Because of the "no apps
except over the air", developers will only be able to test using the
simulator
and fake data.  That doesn't leave me very confident that they will be
any
less buggy than the original SK operating system.

It's a nice idea, but it's targetted at teens and twenty-somethings, not
geeks
who like to get down and dirty with the bits and bytes.

I was considering a Nextel Blackberry, but after a long email exchange
with my data guru at Nextel, ditched that idea too.  Right now I am
trying
to track down a company in Saco that supposedly imports phone modules
for the Clie.  (You have seen the UX, right? :-).  If that doesn't work
out, I'll
probably go Tungsten or Treo.

=Nadine=
--