[rescue] any tricks for installing/removing ram from sparc10s?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Aug 2 17:24:07 CDT 2003

On 2 Aug 2003, Daniel de Young wrote:

> I'd be afraid of getting into bed (exclusively) with them right now.

So far, I'm tremendously happy.  Their customer service -rocks-, their
network is rock-solid stable, and their phones (specifically my i90c)
are terrific for a number of reasons:

   1) Great battery life.
   2) A -useful- speakerphone feature.
   3) Excellent reception.
   4) The "flip-out" school of thought resonates with me very well, and
      the overall design of the phone is great.  If someone calls me
      when I don't want to talk to them, I can hit one button (without
      opening the phone) and send them directly to voice mail.  Also,
      the caller-ID display on the outside -rocks-.
   5) A MINIMUM of useless cutesy bullshit.

> How can they compete with the coverage and much lower cell rates?

$77/mo (after taxes and fees) gets me:

   * Free unlimited incoming calls.
   * Free unlimited night & weekend calls.
   * Free long distance.
   * 500 minutes during peak hours.
   * Wireless web and email.
   * Unlimited two-way minutes that work "nation-wide".
   * Callier ID, voicemail, and all the other standard stuff.

Sprint can't do all that, and their network sucks, anyway.  Cingular
can go fuck themselves because they have a nasty habit of "accidentally"
changing contract terms behind your back.  At least, that's been my
experience with those two companies.

As for coverage, I got better coverage in Northern California than my
fiancee's Verizon phone did.  About 50 miles outside of Redding into the
mountains, I finally lost service.

BTW, we're talking about Nextel, if anyone hasn't figured it out. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford