[rescue] OT - Visio Stencils

Daniel de Young daniel at velvetsea.com
Sat Aug 2 15:38:17 CDT 2003

When I worked at HP and HealthNet we had these great stencils for making
drawings with Visio.  There was tons of great stuff like front view 19"
rack layouts, tons of Cisco/Sun/HP/Compaq equipment, and other cool
stuff.  They were perfect for engineering how data center racks and user
access points were going to be layed out (fiber patch panels, cable
management, etc) months before the racks were even installed.  I guess I
should have snagged these stencils while I was there, but I didn't
realize they were anything special.

I can't seem to find a place to buy this stuff at all.  Do you have to
be a VAR or a major customer to get these or can they be downloaded
somewhere?

-Daniel

P.S.  Where are all the massive infrastructure buildouts?  Iraq?  Just
tell me, I'll go.  I need some real work soon or my skills are going to
dry up.  Heck, I'll do it for free just to enjoy the fresh smell of a
new data center or feel the thrill of staging a million dollars of Cisco
equipment in one room.  Cable monkeys are testing fiber, the equipment
is being moved from the staging lab to the "closets", and some project
manager is loosing their freakin mind over something stupid that the
HVAC contractor did!  Those were the days...