[rescue] Wit's end -- Indigo2

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 16:27:18 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 21:40, Joshua Newton wrote:
> (For the record, that is one HUGE power supply. And a pain in the butt
> to get in and out.)

You can get some *very* power hungry cards in an I^2.

> Problem: The top cover does not fit back on. I'm nearly 100% sure I'm
> doing it right. I'm looking at the PDF of the user manual, and it sure
> 'nuff looks like I'm supposed to slide these prongs into the underside
> of the bottom cover and let the whole thing drop back into place. But
> the top cover still does not fit on. The protrusions inside the front of

I've just had a go with my spare I^2, and :-

1.. Lower the back of the top cover first. It should overhang the back of the
    case as you are starting.

2.. It should just lower over the rest of the case.

3.. It should then just snap onto the front.

There's no need to be matching prongs. It's fairly stiff and takes a moderate
amount of pushing to get it down at the front. You may want to remove the
hard disk(s) as those funky yellow levers may get in the way.

I seem to remember having problems with it myself the first time I tried it,
but can no longer remember what was so difficult about it.