[rescue] Looking to dump old Centronics printer

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Sun Apr 27 15:08:44 CDT 2003

Shirker <shirker at mooli.org.uk> wrote:
> Mine does this, too. You might find a search for "laserjet 4 exit jam
> repair kit" on eBay enlightening.[1]
>
> Apparently it's the rubber rollers perishing.

I did one of the kits for ~$20 on a LJ3.  It's worked fine since.
There's (IIRC) three gears -- two on the end of the fuser and
one that mates with one of them -- in the kit.  I found out after
the fact that MCM Electronics had them for a couple bucks apiece.

I don't find them on the website now.  It's www.mcmelectronics.com,
but it's not as good as the dead-tree catalog.  They might still
be available.  The kit I bought was from www.laser-service.com and
came w/ an mpg video howto on a cd.
HTH,
-ls-