[rescue] Looking to dump old Centronics printer

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 11:40:12 CDT 2003

--- Jeffrey Nonken <jeff_work at nonken.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 12:04:17 -0400, Jeffrey Nonken
> OK, anybody wanting to see pictures, go to
> http://www.nonken.net/C702/
> I took snaps of the front, back, top, top inside, details of the
> head, and details of the top crossbar, with and without flash.

Dump it.

Honestly, it is not worth the effort - if it were pristine, I'd say
save it (or try to), but in this condition, you will spend countless
hours getting it to print...

I am trying to decide if it is worth loading my 100% functional, yet
toner-less printers in my truck and offering them for free at the
upcoming Trenton Computer Fest (I have a flea market spot - 736, IIRC),
and I just want these things out of my life, but I am reluctant to
simply put them on the curb... They are 1 toner cartridge away from
being useful!

Also, I am looking at my HP LaserJet 4M critically, every second/third
page gets stuck as it exits the printer (fanfolds the last 1-2" as it
exits, has to be pulled out manually) - I hope this is paper/humidity
related, but not sure...

$200 Lexmark/Samsung printers are looking pretty good ($30 rebate if
you find one at best buy):
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?tabtype=rb&product%5Fcode=50223702&pfp=BROWSE#moreinfo

=====
Lionel