[rescue] KVM and Sunfire 280r

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 09:51:42 CDT 2003

On Friday 25 April 2003 16:46, William Enestvedt wrote:
> > What...?  You say this is an Oracle server. This machine has
> > no business having a monitor and keyboard attached to it.
>
>    To be fair, the Oracle installer won't run without a local graphical
> console. That's why I have headed database servers, too.

Really? I don't run the installer very often but I've always run it remotely.
In fact the only reason I run it is to disabuse DBAs of the notion that
Oracle needs a *local* head to install. And I'm not referring to ancient
version of Oracle ... I've a V880 running 8 & 9 which definitely doesn't have
a head.