[rescue] pls help with monitor decision

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 07:46:31 CDT 2003

--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> Go for the LCD, 1280x1024, w/DVI.

> I've got a Samsung/Sun 18.1" LCD (VGA, no DVI) on the G4, and I
> love it - I replaced a 21" Sun CRT with it.  I love having desk
> space back.

I just ordered a PC for my parents (they are still using an I-Opener
for internet access, Earthlink won't suport them forever...), a Dell
Celeron 2 GHz box for $499 (not a great deal, but it included a 15" LCD
display) - upgrade the warranty (they ARE in FL, and I am not), and
bump up the display to a Dell FP1800 for another $150... Apply the
magic coupon, and it is down to just about $600. (and of course, free
shipping, free Palm Zire ;^)

Which is what the Flat Panel display sells for normally...

They are getting affordable. ;^)

=====
Lionel