[rescue] Re: VAX VMS INstallation Media Query

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 25 13:27:39 CDT 2003

On Friday, April 25, 2003, at 12:35 PM, White Daniel E DLVA wrote:
> 'Nother VAX 4000 question:

   Wow Dan, you're scaring me. ;)

> The machines we have here are running VAX VMS 5.5-2

   That was current when I last worked in your industry...twelve years
ago.

> How tough would it be to obtain the necessary media to do an operating
> system load from scratch ?

   Well, you can buy it from Compaq.  VMS isn't cheap, though.

   If this is for noncommercial purposes, I can get you a copy of my
distribution.  You can get it licensed through DECUS (Erm,
"Encompass"...stupid new name) for free for hobbyist use.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "I'm willing to sacrifice my ass for the sake
St. Petersburg, FL                    of good food."    -Kurt Huhn