[rescue] IRIX and NFS software package

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Fri Apr 25 02:58:37 CDT 2003

Hello Kevin,

Friday, April 25, 2003, 4:02:53 AM, you wrote:

> I am currently running IRIX 6.5.15 on my Octane
> (came installed) and i have the media for 6.5.9.
> Apparently i need to install an additional package for
> 6.5.15 in order to mount NFS volumes.  My question is,
> is this functionality built into later IRIX releases
> and if not what package should i be looking for so that
> i can add this functionality.  Sucks not being able to
> shares files.

  mounting NFS volumes should always be possible (in the sense of
  typing something like "mount files:/usr/people /usr/people"). What
  doesn't seem to work (in I guess all IRIX versions) is automounting
  NFS volumes. This requires the additional ONC/NFS disk which also
  includes the big NFS server itself.

Gerhard