[rescue] KVM and Sunfire 280r

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Apr 24 17:54:42 CDT 2003

On Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 06:52 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>>    What...?  You say this is an Oracle server.  This machine has no
>> business having a monitor and keyboard attached to it.
>
> Suits these days can't get into their heads that computers can exist
> apart from monitors and keyboards.  The intellectual damage caused by
> Windows is deeper than you think.

   I often make my parties "open invitation" events in which people can
bring anyone they want.  At one particularly large one in Laurel, I
overheard a conversation between two people that I didn't know, who
were being given the computer room tour by a friend of mine.  I heard
one guy say something like "boy is this guy going to be surprised when
he figures out he can't USE the computers all bunched up in a room like
this?  I mean, where is he going to put the monitors and keyboards?  He
must just be starting out."

   My friend, the guy who was giving him the tour, escorted him to the
door and asked him to leave the party immediately and not come back.

   Windows users.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "I'm willing to sacrifice my ass for the sake
St. Petersburg, FL                    of good food."    -Kurt Huhn