[rescue] SGI Personal Irises- Free

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Wed Apr 23 15:14:31 CDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 03:48:59 -0500
Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:

> I REALLY don't see the point in doing this with an IRIS.

Me neither. Personally I think the PIs are the most ugly systems SGI
has ever built. I guess the guys just want to show off the name.

> I don't really like it when people do this to functional
> O2s/Octanes but at least some of SGI more recent systems look
> pretty cool (for the record, the Indigo looks good as well).

Now that you mention it... I've seen pictures of modified O2 as
well. Octanes possibly aren4t that suitable for case-modding.

> Wish i lived close enough to pick up one of these... even if i
> did it wouldn't fit in my car though.

What car is that? A Personal Iris is approximately as big as a
typical PC (Big)Tower. It is just terribly heavy and has some ugly
brown plastic skins attached to it.

Gerhard