[rescue] Re: IDE vs SCSI

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Apr 22 06:56:03 CDT 2003

Hi Lads

I don't want to restart the battle royale over disk technology, but the
following article was mildly interesting:

I've never heard of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology before, but I was
fascinated by the following quote:

"Adaptec's SAS interface will let customers plug in either SAS or Serial
ATA drives into the same backplane, letting users pick between different
priced drives. The first product from Adaptec will ship data at 3 gigabits
per second with a roadmap that extends out to 12 gigabits per second."

Regards,

Gavin