[rescue] Need help with SGI serial

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 21 21:11:11 CDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Joshua Newton wrote:

> I'm assuming/hoping that someone on the list has had the same problem:
> how do I go about connecting an SGI mini-DIN8 serial port to a peecee?

Macintosh modem (md8<->DB25) cable, and a null-modem adapter is the
absolute easiest way.

> I tried a random crapshoot on eBay, bought a really cheap Indy with no
> specs provided, and lucked out: 4600SC/133MHz, XL graphics, a 1GB
> Seagate of some kind, and a 4GB/7200rpm Seagate Barracuda monster.

Ooooh....SC.

> No idea how much memory, yet,

The memory is vanilla 72-pin 36-bit SIMMs, 70ns or 60ns, fast page mode.

--
Jonathan Patschke *) "who has been feeding my cats crack again??  they
Thorndale, TX     (*  were doing chuck norris shit all over the apartment