[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 21 14:46:14 CDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> True, except the market of people with adequately capable real hardware
> is pretty small.  For instance, out of all the SGIs out there, how many
> have 16+ megs of TRAM?

O2s do. :)

Do you really -need- 16MB of TRAM, though?

> Of course, that's why God gave us the dream cast with keyboard and
> mouse.  But alas, people squandered that oportunity.  Perhaps we will
> have a reasonable chance at some point with the PS2, but it doesn't seem
> to be going that way.

The PS2 also doesn't seem like a particularly easy system to write
software for, without Sony's SDK.

--
Jonathan Patschke *) "who has been feeding my cats crack again??  they
Thorndale, TX     (*  were doing chuck norris shit all over the apartment