[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 21 14:21:22 CDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:

> Amazingly enough, I had reasons that seemed like good ones at the time. But
> you can't understand, or don't want to understand, and would rather
> gratuitously insult me than make the effort.

I didn't mean to insult you.  I'm just shocked that the #1 selling
platform right now doesn't ship parts with proper cooling already
attached.  Think of it more as astonishment that you (and others) put up
with stuff like that.  You -should not- have to attach 3rd party fans to
cards in order just for them to run in the environment for which they
were designed.

I perfectly understand that, when you need a machine running, you need a
machine running, regardless of what you need to do to it.  I was more
reflecting on the "Wow, people have to do this these systems/components
just to make them behave like the manufacturers claim, and they STILL
buy more?  I wish I had customers like that." aspect of it.

--
Jonathan Patschke *) "who has been feeding my cats crack again??  they
Thorndale, TX     (*  were doing chuck norris shit all over the apartment