[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 21 11:11:11 CDT 2003

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 02:59 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Make sure that you don't exceed the EIRP (effective incident radiated
> power)
> limits. 200mW may be legal on an omni(every) directional antenna, but
> not
> whene concetrated by a dish. I read something about this on slashdot.

   Slashdot is dangerous.

   That's Equivalent Isotropic Radiated Power.  For permanent
point-to-point installations, the limit is 4W EIRP.  The
omnidirectional limitation is 1W EIRP.  Unless, of course, they've
changed it recently.

   Many FCC power limitations are specified as power *input* to the
final amplifier stage of the transmitter.  If only they were this lax
on 802.11. :-/

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols