[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey.Mendelson at mobileye.com
Sun Apr 20 13:59:16 CDT 2003

Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> This router is going to sit between a dedicated wireless connection to a
> WISP about 5 miles away, and my LAN, which includes both wired and wireless
> portions.  We can get a 1 mbps WiFi connection on the 5-mile haul with a
> minorly hacked 30 mW PCMCIA card in a laptop, connected to an old satellite
> dish.  If I can solve the router/USB problem, I'll be able to use a 200 mW
> USB device to drive the antenna.  This will mean I can put the antenna in a
> better location and run USB cable to it, as well as get better speed on the
> link.

Make sure that you don't exceed the EIRP (effective incident radiated power)
limits. 200mW may be legal on an omni(every) directional antenna, but not
whene concetrated by a dish. I read something about this on slashdot.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
MobilEye Vision Technologies Ltd, R.M.P.E House, 10 Hartom St. Har Hotzvim